The added value of standards in laboratories – don’t feel ISOlated
Join the NBN & BVLT-ABTL event
Laboratory work requires absolute accuracy, reliability and timeliness. Hence the importance of quality management systems: covering all aspects of laboratory operations, including organisation, procedures and processes, they can help laboratory workers to coordinate the numerous complex activities involved and maintain a clear overview of the bigger picture.
ISO to the rescue
ISO (International Organisation for Standardization) has published a series of different standards for medical laboratories.
Don’t feel ISOlated!
Why attend the event?
- discover why the use of standards in biomedical laboratories is essential to guarantee competence, quality and safety;
- gain a clear picture of how to enhance laboratory quality in terms of accuracy, reliability and timeliness of reported test results;
- learn more about relevant standards for medical laboratories from experts in the field, such as the new standard ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189 and ISO 22870;
- share knowledge and food for thought with professionals in biomedical laboratory environments.
|12:30-13:30||Registration and sandwich lunch|
|13:30-13:40||Welcome and opening||BVLT-ABTL|
|13:40-14:00||The added value of standards||
Chairman of the Executive Committee, NBN
|14:00-14:25||ISO 15189:2012, Medical laboratories -- Requirements for quality and competence||
Clinical Research and Quality Director, FAKKEL bvba
|14:25-14:50||ISO/IEC 17025:2017, General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories||
Bob Van Doorsselaere,
QHSE Manager Benelux, SGS Belgium
|14:50-15:15||ISO 22870:2016, Point-of-care testing (POCT) -- Requirements for quality and competence||
Alex Mewis, MD
Klinisch Bioloog, Jessa Ziekenhuis Hasselt
Case studies in two break-out groups
Where and when
- Individual member BVLT-ABTL: 25 EUR
- Lab member BVLT-ABTL: 50 EUR/person
- Non-member: 100 EUR
- Student: 10 EUR
Register here now.
Do you want to use these standards? Just visit NBN e-shop and buy these standards.
Contact Kristof Willems via email@example.com or call us at +32 2 300 78 68.