Keep up with new environmental management standards
As government regulations increase and shareholders’ expectations rise globally, stakeholders from diverse fields gather around the table to create environmental management standards. Discover how you can contribute to global best practices at the NBN event in Brussels on October 10th.
The existing international ISO 14000 standards series already lays the groundwork for environmental management systems. Three additional ISO standards are under development, and you can leave your mark on them.
The international context
The international ISO 14000 standards series is suitable for all kinds of organisations – private, non-profit or governmental. Moreover, it requires organisations to consider various environmental issues, from air pollution, water and sewage issues to soil contamination and climate change adaptation. On top of the existing series, three additional ISO standards are under development.
Environmental management standards help to:
- reduce costs and boost productivity;
- enhance their corporate images;
- gain the trust of stakeholders;
- increase employee involvement;
- improve control of resources, emissions and waste.
Time to get started!
- Define your objectives: what do you want to achieve with the standard?
- Make sure that senior management supports the objectives of the environmental management system and that everyone is committed to the process.
- Get a clear overview of existing processes and systems that are relevant to your environmental impact. This allows you to identify gaps and serves as a base for your management system.
What can we do for you?
The Bureau for Standardisation (NBN) develops and sells standards in Belgium. For ISO 14001, we offer a variety of tools, events and trainings:
|26/09/2017||ISO 14001 - Transition to the new environmental management standard - 2015 version (in Dutch)|
|17/10/2017||ISO 14001 - Transition to the new environmental management standard - 2015 version (in French)|
|20/11/2017||ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor (in Dutch)|
|20/11/2017||ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems Lead Auditor (in French)|
|20/12/2017||ISO 14001 - Transition to the new environmental management standard - 2015 version (in Dutch)|
Contact Iris Provoost via email or call +32 2 738 00 98.