From space to earth and back: how standards support space applications for Europe
Hôtel NH Brussels Bloom
rue Royale 250
The envisaged European Space Programme will boost EU space leadership beyond 2020. This one-day interactive workshop will pinpoint how standardization can support the European space industry and reinforce Europe's autonomous access to space. Space technology, data and services have become indispensable in the daily lives of Europeans and play an essential role in preserving many strategic interests.
During the workshop, representatives from space industry, technology providers, policy makers, society and the standardization community will discuss various aspects of downstream space technology, including:
- The Space Strategy for Europe
- Applications from the global navigation satellite system Galileo and EGNOS for road, rail, air and maritime transport
- Socio-economic benefits from Earth observation, its application for safety and security of society and its meteorological purpose
- Space surveillance and tracking
The workshop will identify areas and ways in which standards can help Europe to remain a global leader in space applications and increase the use of space data for the wellbeing of citizens.
- Space Industry
- Satellite navigation
- Earth observation
- Technology providers
- Policy makers
- Consumers representatives
- Research institutes
- The standardization community
Participation will be free of charge but online registration is obligatory.