Attention: this training will only be organised in English.
Given the current circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 virus, the NBN no longer organizes any classroom training. Don't worry, the NBN offers the NBN Expert Training via a virtual platform.
Practically, therefore, some things change:
- The training days are split into four 2-hour blocks to ensure an optimal learning experience
- We are going to work in MS Teams. We ask you to always activate your camera to promote interactivity. Turn on your microphone only if you want to say something, so as to minimize background noise.
- Do you have a colleague who also likes to follow the training? He / she can certainly still join!
- 9/03/2021 – 09:00 – 12:00
- 10/03/2021 – 09:00 – 12:00
- 11/03/2021 - 09:00 – 12:00
Part 2: Drafting rules
- 16/03/2021 - 09:00 – 12:00
NBN Training exclusively for experts (committee members)*
Master the standardisation procedures and the art of writing a good standard from A to Z.
3 annual sessions: March, June and October.
*Click here to become an expert
Why take part?
Objective of this training:
- Get a deep understanding about standards and the standardisation context in Belgium
- Discover more about the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) & the European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- Learn about the development of international, European and national standards
- Understand the role of harmonized standards
- Learn the tips & tricks on how to write a good standard
Programme part 1: Standardisation in Belgium
- Introduction to standardisation in Belgium
- What are standards?
- Standardisation in Belgium
- Why participate?
- Standards and Legislation
- Developing standards
- Belgian committee rules & principles
- Developments of International, European and National standards
- International, European and National working rules
- Online platforms and voting tools
- Drafting rules for standards users
- Intellectual Property & Copyright
- Structure & key elements of a standard
Programme part 2: Drafting Rules
- What does a standard contain?
- What are the basic principles for drafting a standard?
- What are the CEN and ISO drafting rules?
- What are the specific NBN drafting rules?
- How to use templates?
Seats are limited. Participation to the training is free of charge for experts.
In the event of cancellation less than 7 working days before the training session, we will invoice 50 euros (excl. 21% VAT) and in case of no show, we will invoice 75 euros (excl. 21% VAT) to cover incurred costs.
- Will I be charged for participating to the training session(s)?
Participation is free of charge for experts. In the event of cancellation less than 7 working days before the training session, we will invoice 50 euros (excl. 21% VAT) and in case of no show, we will invoice 75 euros (excl. 21% VAT) to cover incurred costs. If you don’t want to register as expert directly you can participate to the training for € 350 VAT excl.
Click here to become an expert.
- Will the training session(s) be repeated?
Yes, the same training session(s) will be organized 3 times this year and also in 2020. If you want to be informed, let us know via e-mail.
- Is the number of seats limited?
Yes, due to the limited number of seats available, registrations will be accepted on a 'first-come, first-served' basis.
- Will catering be provided?
Yes! A welcome coffie with pastries and two coffeebreaks are provided, as well as a sandwich lunch break.
- Where will the trainings take place?
The trainings will take place at the NBN office, rue Joseph II 40, 1000 Brussels.
- In what language will the trainings be conducted?
Slides will be in English. The presentations are given in French or Dutch, depending on the date and language you have chosen. The second day “Drafting Rules” and the third day “Soft Skills” are given in English.
- Will I receive the presentations?
Yes, before the training you will receive an e-mail with the presentations. The NBN thinks about the environment and doesn't print any presentations or documents. Please bring your laptop to participate actively during the sessions.
Contact us if you have additional questions.