Today’s society is ever more complex, challenging and uncertain. Unforeseen events can affect businesses, non-profits and government agencies. Contemporary risks and requirements are numerous. As such, risk management is ever more a priority for any organisation or business, including SME’s. It’s easy to see why: the better you manage these effects of uncertainty on objectives, the better you are equipped to deal with unexpected change and take informed decisions, gain the confidence of stakeholders and grow. Managing risk boosts your performance.
Since its launch in 2009, helping organisations achieve those goals has been the objective of the ISO 31000 standard, which has been revised in 2018. Updated in February 2018, the ISO 31000 standard has a major impact on organisations everywhere. It does not only provide best practices, structure and guidance for risk management professionals; it is also important for a wide range of other business roles. After all, risk management now is a key component of all management system standards that apply the High-Level Structure (HLS). As such, this standard benefits every manager.
Do you want to learn what this standard can bring to you and your organisation? Want to learn what’s new in the revamped ISO 31000 and how it can help you take your organisation to the next level? Be sure to attend the NBN Risk Management Master Class (Foundations level). You can attend this class without any prior knowledge on risk management. The focus is on the risk management process and decision making.
To help you get the maximum out of the course, this course also prepares you for the CRMF® certification exam on Day 3 of this Master Class. This certification gives you the title of “Professional Certified in Risk Management in accordance with ISO 31000 - Foundations Level” and is a proof of your comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the ISO 31000 standard.
What's in it for you?
Provide you with a wide-ranging understanding of the ISO 31000 standard, its basic mental models and assumptions and knowledge concerning it’s
Prepare you for the GNIC® CRMF® certification exam.
The focus in this foundations course is on the understanding of the process and how to use it as a manager, team leader or supervisor.
- Risk, uncertainty, objectives, .. according to ISO 31000
- Scope, benefits and general idea of managing risk according to ISO 31000:2018
- Risk-based thinking and the benefits of risk management
- ISO 31000
- Integrating risk management into the entire organisation/enterprise risk management
- A specific risk management vocabulary
- Specific terms and definitions used by ISO 31000
- The basics of managing risk in organisations – ISO 31000 purpose and principles
- The purpose of risk management
- The principles of risk management
- How to manage risk – ISO 31000 Process
- The importance of communication & consultation
- Establishing the context
- Risk assessment (Identification – Analysis – Evaluation)
- Risk treatment
- Monitoring & review of the process
- Recording of the risk management process
- How to integrate and implement risk management – ISO 31000 Framework
- Leadership & commitment
- Design of the framework
- Implementing the framework
- Evaluation of the framework
- Continuing improvement of the framework
- Preparation for the exam/question time
- Results of the exam
Exam and certificate
The exam is scheduled to take 2 hours. 80 multiple choice questions must be completed within this time frame – a score of 75% is required to pass.
A CRMF® certificate indicating ‘Professional Certified in Risk Management in accordance with ISO 31000 - Foundations Level’ will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all other requirements for this credential.
This foundations level course is suited for:
- Managers, Executives, SME Owners, Consultants, …
- Anyone in the organisation who takes decisions
- Anyone working with ISO management systems (9001, 14000, 27001, 22301, 45000, … )
You can attend this class without any prior knowledge on risk management.