Language of the training: English
Organisations that succeed in managing their physical assets in the most efficient way possible, are sure to save time, money and lots of executive headaches.
To help companies and organisations get value from their assets, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published a set of three management standards in 2014: the ISO 55000 series. ISO 55000, ISO 55001 and ISO 55002 provide terminology, requirements and guidance for implementing, maintaining and improving an effective asset management system that is accepted worldwide across all sectors and asset intensive organisations.
What is the added value of an asset management system? How do you roll out asset management? And how can ISO 55001 help you to increase value? NBN provides you with either basic or in-depth insights into this topic during a series of training sessions.
- Management companies
- Project developers & designers
- Asset & Facility managers
- Contract Managers
- Contractors & Suppliers
- HR managers and Financial Managers
- Operation, plant & maintenance managers/engineers
- Heads of Technical Service
- Internal consultants/advisers
- Staff officers & project team members are involved in the implementation of an Asset Management System (AMS) according ISO 55001
During this training session, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Asset Management (AM) and gain insight into the structures and processes your organisation needs to implement an AMS that adds value to your business.
At the end of the training, you will understand
- the main concepts of the different AM standards and what asset management means
- the importance and added value of using ISO 550001
- the links with other standards and regulations
- the requirements of ISO 55001, allowing you to make the right choices when rolling out an AMS in your organisation
In addition, you will receive a copy of the ISO 55001:2014 standard.
- What is asset management and why is it important for your organization?
- AM versus managing assets
- AM: definitions, application and fundamentals as specified in ISO 55000
- ISO 55001: background and history
- AM as a discipline
- PAS 55
- ISO 55001 – ‘the new international standard’
- Objective, principles and concepts of ISO 55001:2014
- Learn how to apply the ISO 55001 requirements to your organisation
- What are the benefits of an asset management system?
- Who uses ISO 55001 (locations/ industries)?
In this type of training your requirements provide the starting point. A preliminary interview will help us adapt the content of the session to your particular needs. In-company training offers a number of specific advantages:
- The training is tailored to the specific needs of your company. This means that your employees will be able to apply their newly acquired knowledge more rapidly after the training session.
- Your employees will feel more involved because the exercises and cases will be specific to your company or business sector.
- Lower cost per participant than for individual trainings.
- Greater flexibility in the choice of the location, date and language of the training (Dutch, French or English).
For further information, please contact us.
The NBN Academy assists organisations in understanding and applying standards. The NBN Academy is part of NBN (Bureau for Standardisation). It organises open trainings as well as in-company training on management standards. NBN is the single point of contact in Belgium for anyone wishing to develop or buy standards, or to follow training in applying management standards.
General terms and conditions
Click here for the General terms and conditions of the NBN Academy.