This training is taught exclusively in Dutch and French. Is that not a problem? Subscribe here for the training:
Internal audits for an effective quality system
The ISO 9001 quality standard requires an organization to conduct regular internal audits. After all, internal audits are an excellent instrument and the best means to check whether the quality system is effective:
- Have the prescribed procedures been applied correctly?
- Does your organization have insight into its own strengths and weaknesses about quality?
- Are the risks and opportunities in business operations known and are they controlled?
- Do the processes ultimately deliver the desired result for the customer?
The ISO 19011 standard provides guidelines for conducting internal and external audits of management systems. It concerns:
- Principles of auditing
- Performing management systems audits
- Management of audit programs
- Competences of auditors
A well-designed internal audit program and effective internal audits represent a crucial added value for every organization and its management by:
- the process-based audit approach that takes opportunities and risks into account
- insight into the new aspects according to the ISO 9001: 2015 standard and the High Level Structure (HLS)
- the possibility of integration with other management systems in accordance with the general guidelines of ISO 19011
In addition to a number of theoretical explanations, the practical aspects of internal audits are mainly discussed. The training mainly consists of a number of pragmatic exercises and cases that familiarize you with the various steps in the audit process:
- Recording the duties, responsibilities and powers of internal auditors
- Set up and organize an internal audit program
- Planning and preparing an audit
- Organize introductory meetings
- Performing audits in the workplace
- Collect information and interpret data in different scenarios
- Defining deviations
- Reporting findings
Evaluate corrective measures
Auditors of quality management systems according to ISO 9001 who want to increase the added value of their audits. Environmental and safety auditors also benefit from this session. This in the context of an integrated audit approach for all management systems according to the ISO 19011 standard.