The new version of ISO/IEC 17025, which covers the general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories, has been published end December 2017.
During this information session, discover the new technical and organisational requirements for carrying out tests and calibrations in laboratories. In addition, learn how to adapt your own quality management process to meet the new standard.
Why take part?
During this information session:
- You will discover the core requirements, key elements and issues of ISO/IEC 17025:2017;
- You will learn which new components of the standard are vital to your quality management system;
- You will discover which components of your system you should adjust to comply with ISO/IEC 17025:2017;
- You will find out how you can perform this adjustment successfully;
- You will gain insight into the possible interpretations of the standard and the requirements of an accreditation process.
You will also receive the final version of the standard during the session.
Who can participate?
This information session is intended for employees who are responsible for laboratory quality management systems, including:
- Laboratory managers
- Quality managers
- Technical managers
- Internal and external auditors
During this information session all aspects of a quality system according to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 will be covered:
- Criteria and interpretation of the standard:
- Organisation and staff
- Quality policy and document management
- Control of anomalies and environmental conditions
- Internal audits and management review
- PDCA and continuous improvement
- Pragmatic approach to new standard version in:
- The treatment of sample collection
- The validation of methods
- Measurement uncertainty, traceability and equipment
- Reporting and evaluation
In this type of training your requirements provide the starting point. A preliminary interview will help us adapt the content of the session to your particular needs. In-company training offers a number of specific advantages:
- The training is tailored to the specific needs of your company. This means that your employees will be able to apply their newly acquired knowledge more rapidly after the training session.
- Your employees will feel more involved because the exercises and cases will be specific to your company or business sector.
- Lower cost per participant than for individual trainings.
- Greater flexibility in the choice of the location, date and language of the training (Dutch, French or English).
For further information, please contact us.
The NBN Academy assists organisations in understanding and applying standards. The NBN Academy is part of NBN (Bureau for Standardisation). It organises open trainings as well as in-company training on management standards. NBN is the single point of contact in Belgium for anyone wishing to develop or buy standards, or to follow training in applying management standards.
General terms and conditions
Click here for the General terms and conditions of the NBN Academy.