Risk management is a priority for any organisation or business. It’s easy to see why: the better you manage risks, the higher your performance. You’re better equipped to deal with change and take informed decisions, gain the confidence of stakeholders and grow. Since its launch in 2009, helping organisations achieve those goals has been the objective of the ISO 31000 standard, which has been revised in 2018.
Updated in February 2018, the ISO 31000 standard has a major impact on organisations everywhere. It does not only provide best practices, structure and guidance for risk management professionals; it is also important for a wide range of other business roles. After all, risk management now is a key component of all management system standards that apply the High-Level Structure (HLS). As such, this standard benefits every manager.
Do you want to learn what this standard can bring to you and your organisation? Want to learn what’s new in the revamped ISO 31000 and how it can help you take risk management to the next level? Be sure to attend the NBN Risk Management Master Class (Foundations level). You can attend this class without any prior knowledge on risk management. To help you get the maximum out of the course, we’re organizing the ‘Professional Certified in Risk Management in accordance with ISO 31000 - Foundations Level’ exam on Day 3 of this Master Class.
What's in it for you?
As a participant, you will:
- learn from the expertise of high-level speaker Peter Blokland, ISO 31000 & Risk expert at BYAZ;
- receive a comprehensive delegate manual containing more than 150 pages of practical information, as well as a copy of NBN ISO 31000:2018;
- be able to share your experience in how risk management is applied in your organisation and see where any gaps in the framework should or can be addressed;
- earn best practices in the context of real-life situations experienced by your peers;
- participate in the exam to become a Certified ISO 31000 Risk Professional
Day 1: 09.30 – 17.00
- Scope, benefits and general idea of managing risk according to ISO 31000:2018
- Risk according to ISO 31000
- Risk-based thinking and the benefits of risk management
- Integrating risk management into the entire organisation/enterprise risk management
- A specific risk management vocabulary
- ISO Guide 73
- Specific terms and definitions used by ISO 31000
- ISO 31000 purpose and principles
- The purpose of risk management
- The principles of risk management
Day 2: 09.00 – 17.00
- ISO 31000 framework
- Leadership & commitment
- Design of the framework
- Implementing the framework
- Evaluation of the framework
- Continuing improvement of the framework
- ISO 31000 risk management process
- The importance of communication & consultation
- Establishing the context
- Risk assessment (Identification – Analysis – Evaluation)
- Risk treatment
- Monitoring & review of the process
- Recording of the risk management process
Day 3: 09.00 – 16.00
- Preparation for the exam/question time
- Results of the exam
Exam and certificate
The exam is scheduled to take 2 hours. 80 multiple choice questions must be completed within this time frame – a score of 75% is required to pass.
A certificate indicating ‘Professional Certified in Risk Management in accordance with ISO 31000 - Foundations Level’ will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all other requirements for this credential.
This foundations level course is suited for:
- risk managers
- quality managers who want to work risk based within ISO 9001
- management, management board, strategic employees
You can attend this class without any prior knowledge on risk management.