Language Masterclass: English
ISO has published a new standard in March 2018: ISO 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. This will help organisations by providing a framework to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and create better, safer working conditions.
Those already familiar with the OHSAS 18001 and ILO guidelines will recognise much of the focus of the new standard, but there are significant changes that align the new standard with the Annex SL structure. This makes it easier to integrate various management systems (quality, environment, energy, etc.) and to combine audits.
The NBN Academy has organised a two-day masterclass ‘Implementing ISO 45001 – Health and Safety Management’ to show you the benefits of a management system for OH&S based on this new international standard.
David Smith, international expert and chairman of the technical committee that developed the standard, will lead this masterclass. Don’t miss out on this chance to take occupational health and safety to the next level.
- Professionals who are responsible for line management safety
- Professionals who develop safety management procedures
- Professionals who implement, maintain, or supervise an ISO 45001 OH&S management system
- Professionals who are in charge of the transition from one safety management system to another
- Professionals who develop and implement organisational human resources policies
- Management system auditors
After completion of the programme you will:
- have insights into the development of a PDCA framework and its application in an ISO 45001 management system;
- understand the key concepts and requirements of ISO 45001;
- identify organisational benefits due to developing and implementing an effective OH&S management system based on the ISO 45001 standard;
- have developed the necessary skills to review the current position of any organisation regarding ISO 45001.
Session 1 Introduction
Session 2 Background and development of ISO 45001:
Structure of the standard
Links to PDCA model
Links with OHSAS18001 and ILO standards
Session 3 Context and interested parties:
What do we mean by context?
Who are the other interested parties in your organisation?
Group discussion on aspects of organisation context
Exercises related to interested parties
Session 4 Leadership
Significance of leadership within an OH&S management system
Commitment throughout the organisation
Discussion/exercises related to commitment and involvement
Session 5 Risks and opportunities
Identification of risks and opportunities including links to
organisational strategies & other organisational policies
Development of relevant objectives
Links within ISO 45001 between context, interested parties,
scope and hazards, OH&S risks and other risks
Session 6 Legal requirements
Focus upon specific local legal requirements, including VCA
Session 7 Operational control
Eliminating hazards and reducing risks
Management of changes in the organization to maintain
Procurement, including contractors and outsourcing
Opportunity for group discussions and exercises
Session 8 Performance evaluation
Monitoring of performance objectives
Improvement through internal audit
Management review and improvement
Session 9 Improving the system
Incident, nonconformity and corrective action
Session 10 Opportunities for organisation development through integration
Links with other management systems
Session 11 Course summary and business case for implementing ISO 45001
Operational, cultural and financial improvements
Exam and certificate
The exam is scheduled to take 1 hour. Several multiple choice questions must be completed within the time frame – a score of 75% is required to pass.
A certificate indicating ‘Certified ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Professional’ will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all other requirements for this credential.