Standard ASTM D1430-10

Standard Classification System for Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Plastics
Status
:
Replaced
Publication date
:
2010
Languages
:
EN
ICS
:
83.080.20 Thermoplastic materials
Summary :

1.1 This classification system covers polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) plastics that consist of at least 90 % chlorotrifluoroethylene and are suitable for extrusion and for compression and injection molding. The remaining 10 % shall include chemical modifications, such as co-monomers, but not colorants, fillers, plasticizers, or mechanical blends with other resins. This classification system does not cover recycled PCTFE materials.

1.2 The physical and electrical properties of parts molded or extruded from PCTFE molding compounds vary with the crystalline content obtained during processing and subsequent annealing. Accordingly, the numerical values listed in Table 1 apply only to the test specimens molded in accordance with Section 8. These values are not applicable as design criteria to semi-finished and finished parts prepared and annealed under other conditions.

1.3 The values stated in SI units as detailed in IEEE/ASTM SI-10 are to be regarded as the standard. The values given in parentheses are for information only.

1.4 The following precautionary statement pertains only to the test methods portion, Section 10, of this classification system: This standard does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this standard to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.

Add to cart
EUR 60.00 (excl. VAT)
Select your language
Viewer title
...
The NBN uses cookies to improve your user experience. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies as described in the NBN privacy statement.
Decline